In the recent years, dance music has been growing ever stronger. With a boom in artists, fan bases, festivals and sales, it has found a rock steady presence in todays pop culture, and it plans on staying there. But nothing is more gratifying than to see dance music accepted at the most prestigious music awards show, The Grammys.
Today, the nominees for the 57th Annual Grammy Awards have been announced, and Mat Zo, ZHU, Robin Schulz, Audien and Disclosure are among the artists up for awards. Dance Music is represented across three awards; Best Dance Recording, Best Dance/Electronic Album and Best Remixed Recording (Non-Classical).
See below, all of the nominees for the Dance/Electronic awards, and be sure to tune into the ceremony on February 8th 2015.
BEST DANCE RECORDING
1. Never Say Never – Basement Jaxx (Atlantic)
2. Rather Be – Clean Bandit Ft. Jess Glynne (Big Beat/Atlantic)
3. F For You – Disclosure Ft. Mary J. Blige (Cherrytree/Interscope Records)
4. I Got U – Duke Dumont Featuring Jax Jones (Astralwerks)
5. Faded – ZHU (Mind Of A Genius)
BEST DANCE/ELECTRONIC ALBUM
1. Syo – Aphex Twin (Warp Records)
2. While (1<2) - Deadmau5 Astralwerks)
3. Nabuma Rubberband – Little Dragon (Loma Vista Recordings/Republic)
4. Do It Again – Röyksopp & Robyn (Cherrytree/Interscope Records)
5. Damage Control – Mat Zo (Astralwerks)
BEST REMIXED RECORDING (NON-CLASSICAL)
1. All Of Me (Tiësto Remix) – John Legend (Columbia Records)
2. Falling Out (Ming Remix) – Crossfingers Ft. Danny Losito (Big Alliance Records)
3. Pompeii (Audien Remix) – Bastille (Virgin Records)
4. The Rising (Eddie Amador Remix) – Five Knives (Red Bull Records)
5. Smile (Kaskade Edit) – Galantis (Big Beat Records)
6. Waves (Robin Schulz Remix) – Mr. Probz (RCA Records/Ultra Records/Sony Music)